1) President-elect Obama claims that spending approximately $800 billion will create 3.675 million new jobs. That comes to $217,000 per job. This doesn't sound like a very good value, especially with the national average salary around $40,000. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just mail each of these workers a $40,000 check?
They just keep getting better. These are serious questions. Will anyone in the media or congress ask them?
Riedl ends with one last question: "Given the 11,000 annual earmarks, why should taxpayers trust politicians to spend this money better than they would spend it themselves?"
Now that we've seen the questions. Here's some answers
A Dozen Fun Facts About the House Democrats' Massive Spending Bill
1. The House Democrats' bill will cost each and every household $6,700 additional debt, paid for by our children and grandchildren.
2. The total cost of this one piece of legislation is almost as much as the annual discretionary budget for the entire federal government.
3. President-elect Obama has said that his proposed stimulus legislation will create or save three million jobs. This means that this legislation will spend about $275,000 per job. The average household income in the U.S. is $50,000 a year.
4. The House Democrats' bill provides enough spending - $825 billion - to give every man, woman, and child in America $2,700.
Read all those too.
It's almost like this Stimulus bill is a massive, massive scam designed to take government money and spend it on all sorts of Pork.
Hope and Change!