Sunday, April 18, 2010

About the name

Well...

I think it's time to explain this little inside joke.

The url is fivetensfourtens.blogspot.com/

What does this mean? Well, it's from the internet of course. Specifically the insane DC dictionary.  A bit of lunacy where the ridiculous actions of superheros and supervillians were explained via even more ridiculous text.


Back at University it became synonymous with something being terrible: "That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible."




This was followed up by another entry:



Here the shorthand became fivetens equals too many. And since bees are awful, the progression to fivetensfourtens seemed natural.




So there's the roundabout meaning of the url: It's too many terrible things.

As for the name "Assorted Meanderings", I was too lazy to actually explain the url so picked a name that made some sense.



Yeah.





On an aside, having spelled out numerals for a url name: Awkward.

Edit: I'm also updating my blogroll to include the blogmeets.  So, if I missed you tell me. I know I have.

No comments: