Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The most interesting part...

Of this trailer is that it's not selectively edited. Yeah... the big two parter season openers and finales of the new My Little Pony series really are like that.

MLP is less "just for girls", vampires are for girls (okay that's insulting to women, Twilight is... just creepy), and 2nd String Marvel characters get their own interlocking movie series building up to a massive team-up film.

And yet another "permanent" Senator got primaried. Right now, I'm betting Dick Lugar's kicking himself for not leasing a studio apartment in Indianapolis or plopping a double-wide on his family's land. But I suppose he felt he was too important to bother with minor details like residency.


Also my Acer netbook came in. It's intersting what technology can bring. As even at being a much smaller size, this machine is better in all metrics than the previous laptops I've been using. It even has a better keyboard. The only thing is that it's got an 11 inch screen, but I think that will be sufficient for my needs. Especially as a supplemental machine.

4 comments:

Erin Palette said...

That trailer was BUCKING AWESOME.

Now I know what I'll be showing to folks on the edge about MLP!

The Jack said...

Isn't it?

And the best part is that, the show (especially the two-parters) is actually like that.

So someone who sees the show based on that trailer wouldn't feel tricked. Unlike say this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkVWuP_sO0

Weer'd Beard said...

I remember my neighbor back in the 80s conned me into watching the first MLP movie from the Gen1 Series.

It must have been a rainy day, as while I was the boy who'd have her Ken doll get drunk and crash her Barbi Ferrari, I probably had some reservation watching a "Girl Movie".

I was just telling my friends the other day that it was remarkably good.

Those where different times, today we take animation much more seriously, so yeah. IS AWESOME!

Also MLP has Mantichores now? There's a beastie that doesn't get enough love!

The Jack said...

Yeah not only is the animation better on the "Girl Show" aspect (what with a return to classic physical comedy) but it's also better on the whole Flash thing. The show is very expressive with the characters.

The derision flash-animated shows is a whole other can of worms.

Manticores? That's just the tip of the iceberg the show also has basilisks minotaurs, and gryphons.

And that's not counting the puntastic animals like the quarryeels, windigos, and the timber wolves.