Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Going Galt.... on education?

At least for a day.

Obama wants to address the nation's youth.

Hmmm.....

Students could discuss their responses to the following questions:
What do you think the President wants us to do?

Does the speech make you want to do anything?


Steven Green's response:

Now my son is young enough that he won’t be subjected to the President’s smiling face, dulcet tones, and calls to action. He won’t be pressured by his teachers or peers to go along or get with the program.

Your kids might not be so lucky.

In impossible times, the only way to be a responsible parent is to do the irresponsible thing. If my son were in a public school…

I’d call him in sick next Tuesday. I’d keep him home. I suggest you do so. I urge you to do so. If pressed, be honest about your reasons — but be reasonable about presenting them. Otherwise, don’t offer an explanation. Make it a silent protest.



Steven Green's not the only one that advises you to do something.

No comments: