Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Winning.... Sharpton?

Radio Equalizer has the quote:


SHARPTON (4:52): I would say 90% of the calls I received yesterday were in support of the Supreme Court and people say they want to bear guns. They’re tired of the violence and it’s very very interesting. I have had a few on both sides today, but yesterday was overwhelming, it was stunning to me.

I just told Attorney Lou Meyers, lady stopped me last night; I did the commencement address at Boys and Girls High. She said I listen to your show Reverend and I want you to know I’m saved sanctified by feel of the Holy Ghost, but if they come in my house I’m going to drop them right where they stand. So, and she looked like she was in her eighties.



Sharpon leftwing hack and race baiter... among other things. Even he realizes that people want to defend themselves. And right here we see the advantage of firearms. A gun is the only real way an eldery woman could win in a fight with a young, physically fit, normally male criminal.

That's what gun bans do. Not only do they keep weapons out of the hands of the law abiding while the criminals simply break the law. As said here:

Let’s be real here. With the handgun ban in effect, three were killed and more than two dozen were shot in Chicago last weekend. The weekend prior to that, some 60 people were shot, and 10 were killed.

I don’t think the bad guys are waiting around for the courts to rule so they can go out and legally purchase weapons.


The bans have another effect, they reduce self defense to a matter of muscles. Which is a boon to those that prey on the weaker, smaller, and older. On the other hand, if you are a young woman, an old man, or so on, you become prey to those stronger than you who also happen to be willing to break the law. Even if you're a strong, fit man in the prime of your life you can simply be outnumbered.

There's a reason why this saying exists: "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."


James R. Rummel of Hell in A Handbasket addresses this issue. He teaches self defense to victims of voilent crime and while less than lethal have their place the gun still has a clear advantage in being able to stop a determined foe.


Also, I have family in Memphis. That is a city with a high crime rate, but being in a Shall Issue state, people can defend themselves. At one Memphis gun show I saw people of all races buying weapons to defend themselves. Good.

As The Prof says: This is the new Normal.

The best prevention against the gun grabbers is to have more informed and armed citizens. This has people become more aware of their rights, and makes it much easier for them to know whent he gun grabbers are lying to them.

No comments: