Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Odd... places

Well, where I live has gotten stranger.

Though, it serves as a great example of the cascading effect of cutting back on preventative maintenance and repairs. It started when the complex came under new owners.

But now it's getting to where at least a quarter of the units are empty. I'd think it was a plan to liquidate the facility, but they are renewing leases. They also just completed construction on a building to replace one that was lost in a fire. Those expense could be why maintenance has been defrayed.

The fascinating part is that maintenance hasn't gone critically downhill (yet?), but it is enough to get people itchy feet.

For my part my lease is a short term and come spring I will be looking, so there's that.

My concern lies in commute time (never spend more than an hour on the road driving too and from work if you can avoid it), allowing pets, and atmosphere (quiet, facilities, accessibility).

What I like about my current place is that it's quiet and peaceful... more so now I suppose. Though it's age is showing, and wouldn't be if they were maintaining it.

Bah. At least now with the renewal I have a firm timeline when I have to get things done. Now to find areas that are within a half hour's rush hour drive of Kentucky and Raymond

No comments: