Monday, August 4, 2008

Just Eat less Food.

Gabriel Malor from Ace of Spades links to a report that notes the obvious, people are eating more and people are fatter now.This is very true. I've been dieting to manage my blood pressure and found that there are three main things: what you eat, how much you eat, and exercise.

I was never one for eating fast food and always had a low salt diet. I also cook all my own meals, mostly because I could cook a better meal than I could get at a restaurant for less time (if you think cooking a meal is less time than driving, waiting, and paying and driving back...) and money. So it was easy to do just as Gabriel said. You slowly reduce the amount you eat and change the contents. More vegetables, less fats, no snacks, better quality food. It's all pretty simple. And as for the exercise if you just want to do some light cardio, get a dog and jog with him, or get a bike.

Dogs are nice because they need daily exercise and once they get used to it will be quite insisting that you take them out running. Again as Gabriel points to that this is all gradual. A diet is not some kind of fad. A diet is your diet, it's what you eat. So gradual and consistent are the key things here.

No comments: