Sunday, March 30, 2008

Odds and Ends

I should probably get into more of the mundane bits in my life.

So far nothing much.

I've found a good place to get some nice oak bookcases set to order.
Now I've got to figure on what couch/bed thing for my spare room. Once I get that part out my spare bedroom / library would be setup more and I can figure out the space for bookcases.

Work is work.

I've really enjoyed cooking with a cast iron pan. THey're harder to manage. Since the handle is all iron too, you can't grab it without a mit or somesuch. You also can't use soap to clean them. They also have to be oiled and seasoned properly to keep the surface finish well.

Now on the upside they provide a very even cooking surface. The material is thick enough and acts like a heatsink to really diffuse the temperature on the inner surface. This sink works in time too, so it has a slower response to temp variations.

They are a much better cooking surface than thin steel pans.

Also from the old gang Blake's got a blod "Prepare to be Underwhelmed."


In my blog news: I should really start using the tags/lables.

And I should get in those book and video game reviews I had been thinking about.

Also I need to write a post explaining the name of this blog. That day I can start using the phrases.

No comments: