Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cast Iron.

So Unc had a link to "The Art of Manliness" where they gave a shotgun primer.

Pretty good stuff. Especially for a beginner or someone unfamiliar with shotguns.

They also had a pretty good piece on how to clean a revolver. Some minor goofs (like dunking your wire brush in the solvent bottle), but all in all not bad.

But what struck me was this article on the front page about Cast Iron Cooking.

I switched to cast iron a few years ago and haven't looked back. Superior cooking for just about everything much better control and even cooking.

I use three pieces of cast iron cookwear: a big pan, a big pot, and a smaller pan with raised "grill-lines" on the inside.

Some good hints on how to clean 'em.


And this article has some good advice on the mentality of learning to cook for yourself. Even if you're alone.

2 comments:

Erin Palette said...

You liked the revolver article? Huh. Admittedly, I don't recall what it was I didn't like other than the aforementioned brush dunking, but I seem to remember being annoyed at 3-4 other things as well.

The Jack said...

I guess I was grading on a curve. Some botches, but the basics were okay. Nothing that would ruin your gun.

And there was a neat trick I didn't know, (tying the sock to the frame), but with my top break it doesn't apply for me.

Though I was more interested in the cooking stuff.

And they had a neat article about picking the right men's hat.

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/05/28/the-perfect-hat-for-your-ugly-mug/

It doesn't quite match to the style of hats I like, but has some things for me to think on.